Saturday, October 29, 2005

Branching Out, unblocked

It is a beautiful day here today--blue skies, nice and cool--so of course I am spending the day inside. I woke up at 4:30 a.m. and was unable to go back to sleep, so I watched snippets of horror movies and surfed the web and drank hot green tea instead, and now I'm as zombiefied as some of those creatures I saw in the early hours (though considerably less bloody and slightly more verbal.)

So as not to waste an entire day, I resolved to finish "Branching Out," and here it is, though unblocked. I'm really happy with the way it turned out and am relieved that it's done since I started it over the summer while we were at the lake. It's done in Knit One, Crochet Too's Douceur et Soie, in "dove," I believe. I knit very tightly, so this was done on size 10 1/2 needles. It was slow going, and I was constantly afraid of dropping a stitch or a yo. Next time I do a project like this, I will use some lifelines so I can relax a little more while knitting. This will be a Christmas gift for a relative who doesn't have internet access.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That scarf is just gorgeous! It makes me wish I could knit or crochet. :)

-Erin D.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home