Sunday, November 06, 2005

Storms and socks

At 4:30 a.m. I awoke to a fierce storm; it was raining so hard that for a long time I thought it was hail, and the wind was blowing small tree limbs down onto the roof right over my head. I turned on the TV and saw that we were under a tornado watch, so I stayed up until the ugly red and green mass on channel 8's radar moved east of here and it got quiet again.

I switched over to CNN and saw that Indiana was on the national news because a tornado had touched down near Evansville and killed several people. This was particularly sad because had the storm come through in the daylight, most of those people could have been saved. As it was, it was 2 a.m., and it's November, for pete's sake, past the normal tornado season here. People were asleep in their beds, and if they had no weather alert radio, then they had no way of knowing what was coming. I've been watching all day as the death toll rises and wondering just what the hell is going on with the weather this year. It's gotten beyond scary.

On a lighter note, by the time it was light here the streets were dry, so I went for a 3-mile walk, then came home and worked on the Trekking sock and continued watching the "What's Happening?" marathon on TVLand.

Isn't this the most gorgeous yarn? I'm pretty happy with how the pattern is turning out, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home