Friday, February 24, 2006

Cue the dramatic music

I decided to go for the gold and get this sweater finished by the time the flame is extinguished. However, as with many Olympians, my story is fraught with drama; will years and years of practice and mental preparation all go down the drain because of one small mistake? Will I fall on my….triple lutz? It’ll be an entirely mental game from now on, and I won’t know if I can pull it off until the end is almost in sight.

I don't think there's enough yarn.

Yeah. What a disappointment. It may work out okay, but it’ll be very, very close. However, if I can finish the sweater and have enough yarn, and it turns out beautifully in spite of it all, what a great story that’ll be for Bob Costas or Dick Buttons.

Here’s what I’ve got so far. I have no idea what I was thinking when I decided to do the first sleeve back and forth, because when I started the second, after a couple of rounds it went quite easily onto a 16” circular. It must have been cold-induced brain fog. So one sleeve will have a seam, and the other will not, but maybe I’ll be the only one who notices.

Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

Hi Gina. Thanks for the encouraging note you left on my blog. I really like the color of your sweater. You just might finish by Sunday.

I think it's kind of cool that one sleeve will have a seam and the other not. It's the kind of amusing thing only another knitter will appreciate. And it distinguishes your sweater from a store-bought one!

 
At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't run out of yarn! It's looking very pretty so far. And as a non-knitter, believe me, any tiny detail you'd notice would escape me by miles! I worry about my cross stitch projects the same way because of a row that's not quite right or a few stitches that are off, but in the end, no one sees that but me. :)

-Erin D.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home